Friday, February 22, 2008

The Ideal Pancreas Part: 2


My first blog post! I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, I've been waiting and watching silently following my own personal faves but I have a definite type of blog I look towards, something pretty, something designed well, great fabrics, or new craft ideas and projects, art, decoration, quirky insights and I'm always looking for great shelving or trend-watching on new web tools, social networking advice and non-profits (yes I work for one). There are so many great bloggers who are a pleasure to read, it took me a while to find my muse, well to the right you'll see my inspiration. 

What started as a joke with a designer friend of mine, "Can you get me a job at your Medical Illustration firm, I draw a mean pancreas ..." became a blog. 



I'm an Interactive Designer for a relatively large and very confused non-profit who does great humanitarian work but doesn't really get the web, so I needed another outlet besides spinning my wheels at work. Besides web work I went to school for illustration and love drawing (I tend to stick with dry mediums) as well as crafting and doing things with my hands, which I find is necessary because it breaks off the monotony of working on the computer for long stretches of time. Recently I've gotten into baking, I've been on a banana bread kick after I got a delivery of bananas at work (but that's for another post). And later today I plan to cook with escarole! It's the little things ...

So this silly joke about the pancreas is now my new blog where I plan to post my own fun web finds and projects that I'm working on (who knows maybe I'll finish some of them this way) and hopefully I'll get to the bottom of the best banana bread recipe soon.

As a side note the pancreas is a pretty mean organ, although I found later after registering my blog, fairly ugly, a diamond in the rough really ... to read more on the pancreas click here ...


2 comments:

prcizmadia said...

Speaking of baking, more cookies please!

Unknown said...

Wow. The guy that sent bananas must be righteously awesome AND totally sexy!